GUIDELINES FOR PRESENTERS of Seminar nasional Instrumentasi dan Kontrol 2021
Thank you for the participation in the Seminar Nasional Instrumentasi dan Kontrol 2021. Since the conference will be held totally in virtual mode, each paper accepted to the conference must be presented by the registered author during the online conference. The video conferencing uses Zoom as the platform. For more information about Zoom, you can visit here. We have compiled some important guidelines that you need to keep in mind for your presentation.
The presentation only can be given live in the virtual conference room. If the presenter’s internet connection quality might be an issue to run a live presentation, a pre-recorded video of the talk must be played. In any case, the speaker is required to participate live in the Q&A session to be held after the presentation. Questions will be asked through the Zoom chat feature and will be read out by the session chair.
Sessions will be scheduled according to the UTC +7 time zone = Greenwich Mean Time (GMT +7) = Western European Time (WET +7), you can use this URL to check your time zone, insert your location and see your time in relation to GMT +7 – https://greenwichmeantime.com/time-gadgets/time-zone-converter/.
Any participation issue or change of presenter must be notified immediately to the conference chairs at email@example.com. The duration for the live presentation is 15 minutes, the pre-recorded video should not be more than 10 minutes, then followed by 5 minutes Q&A session after each presentation.
- PowerPoint presentation submission: August 20th, 2021
- Pre-recorded video submission (mandatory): August 20th, 2021
Prior to the Conference
Please make sure that you have a stable internet connection. Wired Ethernet is recommended over using wireless (Wi-Fi).
To participate in the conference, you will need the following system requirements:
- An internet connection
- Speakers and microphone – built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam – built-in, USB plug-in, or Zoom supported devices.
For an optimal experience, the recommended bandwidth is as follows:
- For high-quality video: 1.0 Mbps/600kbps (up/down)
- For screen-sharing with video thumbnail: 50-150kbps
- For audio VoiP: 60-80kbps
Instructions for Presentations
- Keep your message clear and brief
- Use light colors for the background
- Keep to color scheme consistent
- Use dark primary colors
- Lettering to be at least 0.7 cm (minimum font-size: 14)
- Use an easy-to-read typeface
- Try to avoid ALL CAPITALS text
- Try to make the graphics as clear and detailed as possible
- Limit the use of clip art
- Be careful with the use of screenshots – the quality might suffer when viewed full-screen
- Try to limit the number of words per line to six (6) to eight (8)
- Try to keep all text horizontal
Video file format
The presentation video must be in MP4 format, with a maximum resolution of 720p HD. Please use the following naming convention: SESSION-presenter-last name.mp4, where SESSION is your parallel session track number which you can find in the conference program. You must not exceed the time given for the video presentation, and the file must be under 200 MB of space file.
- Tips for recording
- Try to achieve a good quality voice recording by making it in a quiet setting and by speaking clearly
- Avoid areas that have an echo
- You can use a good headset with a microphone close to your mouth but try to avoid the direct line of mouth to reduce noise. Avoid using the default built-in microphone on the computer
- Do a test recording for a couple of minutes to be able to review the sound and picture quality, MP4 format, size, resolution, and bitrate. Make adjustments if needed.
- Review your video and watch it several times to make sure everything is fine.
- Instructions for Video Uploading
Send to Us
Please send to us the presentation file dan the pre-recorded video by email at firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Subject: “Material Peserta SIK 2021 #(paper number on easychair)”
- Attach the presentation file dan the pre-recorded video within the email by August 20th 2021
- If the file is too big to be attached, you can share the material through Google Drive, Dropbox, or another platform so we can download the file (please make sure that the link of the Google drive is accessible for us)
At the Conference
The conference will be held virtually using the Zoom platform. We will have panel sessions and parallel sessions throughout 2nd day of the conference (August 26th, 2021)
- Testing your presentation
If during the conference, you want to test your presentation or have a technical question related to testing audio, camera, and presentation screen sharing, you can directly message the conference organizer help desk on Zoom chat. You will be redirected to a break-out room (1 link zoom for each room) to be able to test your presentation. Preferably try to avoid the busy hours during the conference.
- Panel Session
All the participants will be given the link to the Panel Session Zoom Meeting. Please note that except for the panelist, all participants will be muted. Please keep your microphone muted whenever other speakers are presenting or a video presentation is being played. Please join on time.
- Parallel Session
Once in the Conference Main Zoom Meeting Room, you will be redirected to your specific conference track. You will be able to activate your microphone and camera when it is your turn to present. Please notify the organizer through email if you want to do a real-time presentation during the conference. Please keep your microphone muted whenever other speakers are presenting or a video presentation is being played. Please join the main conference Zoom link at least five minutes before the start of the session.
Each session will have a chair that will manage times and moderate questions and answers. Please raise your hand if you want to pose a question to the presenter (if you prefer, you can pose a question by sending a chat message that will be read out by the session chair).
- Breaks Conferencing, online and in-person can be exhausting! We need to take breaks. We will take breaks. Breaks are built-in to the schedule!
- Stand up and stretch, get a snack, come back refreshed!
- If you leave Zoom on, make sure that your microphone is muted during the break.
Changes to your presentation
Speaker substitutions are generally not allowed. If for some reason, you need to cancel your presentation, please let us know as soon as possible and ensure that you provide a recommendation for a replacement. Please note that any presenter changes or withdrawal of oral presentation can be made no later than August 18th, 2021.
Please consult with the organizer in the case of cancellation or inability to attend the conference. In the case of a no-show, there will be no refund.
If you have any issues with uploading your presentation, please contact the conference chairs at email@example.com As a reminder, presentations or videos that are not received by the deadline will be considered no-shows.
We look forward to making SIK 2021 a success in this online conference format. We sincerely thank you for your cooperation.
When you live presentation please use official SIK 2021 virtual background. For virtual background image can be downloaded here.